- Description : Carbomer 940
- Description : Carbomer 940 is a crosslinked polyacrylic acid polymer
- Synonyms : Acritamer 940; Acrypol 940; Carbopol 940
- CAS Number : 9003-01-4, 76050-42-5
- Molecular Formula : (C3H4O2)n
- Molecular Weight : 102.13 g/mol
- Appearance : White Powder
$55.00 – $385.00
Carbomer 940 is a crosslinked polyacrylic acid polymer. It is an efficient rheology modifier for gels and creams. It is used at room temperature at levels between 0.25% and 1.5%., used as a thickening, dispersing, suspending and emulsifying agents in sanitizer, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
FUNCTION: Excellent thickening efficiency at high viscosity and sparkling clear transparency is possible in aqueous or hydro-alcoholic solutions. Suitable for use in cosmetics. Carbomer 940 is used in Pharmaceutical gels and ointments, Hand Sanitizer, facial Care Products, Toothpaste, Shampoos, Cleansing creams, Skin care products, Hair, skin and moisturizing creams, Shaving and sunscreen creams etc. It easily jellified under neutral or slightly acidic or alkaline conditions (pH range 6.5-7.5).